Monday, February 2, 2009

Search for Next The Herald Greenacres Miss Port Elizabeth


This morning The Herald Multimedia editor, Eugene Coetzee took this picture of me which made me think, the year is almost coming to an end … sigh … lots of mixed emotions there :)
One thing that I do know is that being The Herald Greenacres Miss Port Elizabeth has made 2008 the best year of my life so far and I am sure more good things are still to come.

Being Miss PE has meant so much to me. Personal growth – I am now more confident, I now know what I want in life and what I am capable of; business growth – time management, having to organise and balance work, family and social life; building a network of contacts that I will always keep (and utilise ... LOL).

Miss PE has been a dream that I never saw coming. My life has changed in the way I view things and the way I do things. The way that I see people. I HAVE GROWN!
The biggest highlights would be definitely going overseas for the first time (thanks Uniglobe Bay Travel!) and meeting inspirational people that I look up to and admire, like Basetsane Khumalo and Ryk Neethling. Another big highlight was not having to SAVE ON PETROL especially at such a difficult time in our country as General Motors South Africa was there to fill up my tank :)

Having the opportunity to share my opinions and my views. There are lots more special moments that I had. Overall Miss PE has had a big influence on my ultimate goal which is to LEAVE A LEGACY BEHIND!

And I have started already by being Miss PE . By leaving a legacy I mean be a role model to other young people, be successful in my chosen career, so much that when it comes to expertise in my chosen field people refer to me. I also want to be content with myself so much that I can be able to help and give more to others.
As I will be handing over, I call on all young girls to enter. This is your chance to show people what you are capable of, show people what your potential is. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity to help our community be a better place and a chance for you to be an AMBASSADOR of the Nelson Mandela Bay.

No comments: